Remove Naphthenic Acid Compounds Without Emulsions
NAPFINING™ | Caustic Extraction of Naphthenic Acids
Merichem’s NAPFINING™ technology is a proven solution for removing naphthenic acid compounds from jet fuel, kerosene, diesel, condensate and crude oil streams—without causing debilitating emulsions. As a highly efficient method of mass transfer, NAPFINING™ uses our proprietary FIBER FILM® Contactor with caustic as the treating reagent.
Leveraging the unique features of our FIBER FILM Contactor technology, NAPFINING™ can significantly reduce space and CAPEX cost requirements for operators. Other dvantages include:
- Proven, highly efficient pre-treatment process to remove naphthenic and carboxylic acids from heavy naphtha, kerosene, jet fuel. diesel, condensates and light crude oils with minimal emulsion formation
- Better performance than electrostatic precipitation for emulsion prevention
- Ideal solution for removal of TAN from hydrocarbons in the range of 0.1 to 1 mg KOH/g or above; has commercially treated up to 0.5 TAN in the feed
FFC Plus™ Technology
Increase your hydrocarbon treating rates by up to 150% with Merichem’s advanced FIBER FILM® technology.
- Kerosene / Jet Fuel
- Middle Distillate Treatment
- Diesel Treatment
- Crude Distillation Unit
- FCCU or RCCU
- Coker, Visbreaker or Hydrocracker
- NGL Fractionation
- Gas Production Field
- Oil Production Field
- Oil Sands Heavy Oil Upgrader
How It Works
By significantly increasing the liquid surface area achieved with Merichem’s FIBER FILM® Contactor mechanism, NAPFINING™ provides a more efficient method of mass transfer — with little to no emulsification, carryover or high‑pressure drop during phase transfer.
Merichem® has provided the oil and gas industry with a variety of innovative solutions. Our depth of expertise in caustic treatment technology and service solutions is unmatched, as is our total commitment to supporting our customers.
Merichem’s comprehensive range of capabilities includes solution design, engineering, fabrication, research and development, testing and service.
Proven Flexibility, Global Reach
Merichem® has helped customers all over the world solve their processing and treatment challenges with proven, industry‑changing technology.
We have licensed more than 80 NAPFINING™ units worldwide.